I like to think of myself as a deep thinker. I am always looking for a deeper meaning during experiences that I have being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend. I believe there are moments in our life where Heavenly Father reminds us of how much we are loved. This is one of those experiences.
This past Saturday evening we went Blueberry picking. As we were driving, Isabelle could not wait to get there. Her excitement was overflowing. Are we there yet? must have been asked at least 100 times in the 45 minute drive. Once we got there, we got our gallon buckets and headed to the 15 acres of blueberry trees. The weather was perfect.
We got out of the car and off we went. It was so very quiet. It WAS wonderful!
So Isabelle chose a row and we started picking blueberries. She kept saying its so beautiful, its so beautiful. And it truly was.
So tree after tree we picked. All I could hear was my sweet 4 year old in her deep voice asking how are you doing dad/mom and an occasional grunt from our sweet Ava. At some point during the picking in a loud, full of excitement voice Isabelle said "This is the best day ever".
In that singular moment I felt peace. Wonderful words to hear from your child. We weren't doing anything extravagant or expensive. We were just together. I was overcome with emotion and the sweet spirit. Out of the mouth of babes come words so filled with love and appreciation that it can instantly change a person. When I get bogged down with ridiculousness, it is often my daughters that lighten things that are so dark. This moment was so very special for me. There are not enough words to describe my feelings. Even as I write this, there are tears, how lucky I am to have the life that I do. To have my husband and my children. It is times like these that I understand why I was given the children I was. Things that I never would have thought twice of before, my daughters bring to light often. The simplicity in life... what a wonderful lesson to learn from my daughter.
I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to do this. I was not expecting to get out of it what I did. Its funny how that happens. What a truly wonderful experience.
So to my dear, sweet, loving Isabelle, IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!
"The soul is healed by being with children."














0 comments:
Post a Comment