The moment a child is born, The mother is born also. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Now that I am a mother of two I feel like I wasn't really a MOTHER until I had Ava. Looking back having one baby is a breeze but two or more presents quite the challenge sometimes. This has given me ample time to reflect on how much of an impact a mother has on her children, no matter the age. And how much of an impact a child has on a mother. I feel deeply blessed with my own children, to be able to give birth and raise them how my husband and I see fit. I know many times you second guess yourself as a mother, thinking your not doing enough or your doing too much! You think you are the protector of your children and yet many times I find that my daughters are the protectors of me. I never imagined what my children would teach me....how much they would change me for the better.
I feel that all the good there is in the world is wrapped into my 4 year old daughter. She amazes me everyday with her beauty and kind heart. One of my favorite moments is waking her up or when she wakes me up...she always has a smile on her face...so my day is already starting out wonderfully.
She often sees the beauty in me when I don't see it in myself...she will come into our room after I have finished getting ready and with such sincerity tell me "you look beautiful"! I often choke back emotion because no matter how I feel she makes me feel beautiful.
She always sees the beauty in everything. She loves flowers and we are always going to the garden section of stores to get new flowers for our house. She loves airplanes and every time she sees one, its like she is seeing one for the first time. I wish I could look through her eyes for one minute to see her view of the world...it truly is amazing.
Heavenly Father sure brings things full circle when he blesses you with children. Ava is so much like me. She is such a sweet spirit. Her smile is so contagious. You can't help but smile back. One of the most rewarding parts of being a mother is the bond between my daughters. It seems the age between them doesn't at all matter. Once Ava became mobile she has always been on the heels of her sister. The smiles and the way Isabelle can get her to laugh. Is there anything greater when it comes to being a mom?
There aren't enough prayers to say or ways to say Thank You to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such sweet, loving little girls. I know in my heart that the time between my daughters was how it was supposed be. Things are as they should be.





0 comments:
Post a Comment